(Hickory, KY ) - Kentucky State Police reported that while working traffic enforcement in Lyon county, Senior Trooper T. J. Williams observed a driver in violation of the use of a communication device.
With only 19 days remaining, legislators are considering over 1,200 bills and resolutions. Six bills have made it to the governor’s desk and four of those have been signed into law. The House will take up the budget this week, with plans to pass it by Wednesday.
Frankfort, KY (March, 2014) – Kentucky Treasurer Todd Hollenbach has three proposals from his legislative agenda making their way through the Kentucky General Assembly. Two were introduced in the senate, one dealing with the checks and balances between constitutional officers and the legislature. The second relates to the United States Treasury which is currently holding nearly $16 billion worth of matured U.S. Savings Bonds that are no longer paying interest. Of that amount over $200 million belongs to owners with addresses in Kentucky
FRANKFORT, Ky. – The Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Commission recommended prohibiting the culling of trout statewide and proposed other fishing regulations at its quarterly meeting March 7.
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes has continued her active support of Kentucky’s men and women in uniform, welcoming Ft. Knox’s first female commanding general, Brigadier General Peggy C. Combs, during a change of command ceremony at the base.
- Secretary Grimes Encourages Kentuckians to Serve as Precinct Election Officers
- Kentucky Afield Outdoors: Spring Fishing Frenzy: March begins new license year in Kentucky
- 15 will compete in state Poetry Out Loud championship
- Happy Birthday Col. T.C. Sizemore! "Kentucky's Most Famous Sheriff"
- Police Charge Adair Co. Man With Crimes Related to Child Pornography and Drugs