Woman Dies from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Kentucky during Power Outage

ClayCoNews - Woman Dies from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Kentucky during Power Outage - DEATH Investigation

CORBIN, KY - On Tuesday, February 16, 2021 shortly after 12:00 PM, Kentucky State Police Post 11, London responded to assist local emergency services on a carbon monoxide poisoning call at a residence on Spring Cut Road in southern Laurel County.

The initial investigation revealed the home was without power due to the winter weather and the occupants of the residence had been using a fuel-operated generator to help operate a basement sump pump.

The victim, Darlene G. Skinner Ragland, 61 years old of Corbin, was transported by Laurel County EMS to Baptist Health in Corbin where she was subsequently pronounced deceased by the emergency room doctor. Her husband, Tony Ragland, and their grandchild were taken to the University of Kentucky Medical Center. They both have been treated and released.

No foul play is suspected in this investigation.

Trooper Jack Riley is continuing the death investigation. He was assisted by other Post 11 personnel, the Lily Fire Department, Laurel County EMS and the Whitley County Coroner’s Office.

# # #

Print