Clay County, Ky. - The Clay County Sheriff's Office is reporting that: On April 10, 2019 at approximately 6:30 AM Clay County Dispatch was notified of a vehicle pursuit from Jackson County Dispatch heading into the north end of Clay County.
Clay County Sheriff Patrick Robinson and Manchester City Police Lt. Jason Combs intercepted the motorcycle that was fleeing the Jackson County Sheriff and Deputy at the intersection of North Highway 421 and Highway 1350, the motorcycle struck Lt. Jason Combs police cruiser.
The driver bailed off the motorcycle once it came to a stop and attempted to flee on foot, once the subject was apprehended he turned on Sheriff Robinson and other officers on scene and attempted to fight.
Manchester City Police Lt. Jason Combs deployed his taser, the subject was still combative. The subject was placed under arrest without further incident.
Arrested was James Hensley age 36 of McKee, Ky..
Jackson County Deputy Zach Bryant was transported to AdventHealth of Manchester due to injuries sustained during the struggle with the subject where he was treated and released.
James Hensley was charged with:
• Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
• Resisting Arrest
• Assault 3rd Degree (Police Officer)
• Criminal Mischief 2nd Degree
• Failure to own or maintain required Insurance
• Expired Registration Plates
• Operating on Suspended or Revoked Operators License
• Failure to Register or Transfer Motor Vehicle
• Wanton Endangerment, 1st Degree
• Wanton Endangerment, 1st Degree (Police Officer)
• Parole Violation Warrant
The photo attached is courtesy of the Clay County Detention Center.
Assisting at the scene was Jackson County Sheriff Paul Hays.