LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root reports that the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office, in keeping pace with it's ever growing and changing needs, has promoted 4 deputies within the agency.
Sheriff Root is pleased to announce the following appointments:
- Lieutenant Robbie Grimes to Captain
- Detective Sgt. Chris Edwards to Lieutenant
- Bailiff Daniel Reed to Deputy
- Court Security Officer Dustin Saylor to Bailiff
Information and pictures of the deputies promoted:
- Captain Robbie Grimes has 20 years of law enforcement experience with Laurel County Corrections and the Laurel County Sheriff’s Office. He is a graduate of North Laurel High School. He became a Laurel County Sheriff’s Bailiff in 2007, and has served as a Sheriff’s Judicial Sgt, Sheriff’s Patrol Deputy graduating from the police academy at DOCJT in class number 429. He later was promoted to Patrol Sgt. and then later to the rank of Lieutenant. His wife is Jennifer Woods Grimes who has two children-Seth and Jakob. Robbie’s parents are: Bobby and Mary H. Grimes of Laurel County. Robbie enjoys horseback riding, hunting, fishing, traveling, playing music, and spending time with family and friends.
- Lieutenant Chris Edwards has 24 + years law enforcement experience with London City Police where he retired in 2016 , a task force officer with Drug Enforcement Agency ( DEA), prior experience at Laurel Sheriff’s Office in the mid 1990’s, and now current experience at Laurel County Sheriff's office. He is a graduate of Laurel County High School class of 1991 and attended EKU and Union College. Chris is certified in accident reconstruction, and Hostage Negotiation. His wife is Julie Edwards and they have 2 children Nathan and Morgan. His parents are Lonnie and Pat Edwards of Laurel County. Chris is the softball coach at North Laurel Middle School and is a high school referee for football, basketball, and baseball.
- Deputy Daniel Reed has 4 years law enforcement experience with the Laurel County Sheriff's office as a Court Security Officer and as a Bailiff. He is a graduate of Edmonson County High School. He is a US Army Veteran with two deployments to Iraq. His mother is Janice Biggs and stepfather Frank Biggs of Madison County. His father was Charles Reed who is deceased. Daniel enjoys traveling and hiking.
- Bailiff Dustin Saylor has 1 1/2 years law enforcement experience with the Laurel County Corrections and at the Laurel County Sheriff's office as a court Security Officer. He is a graduate of North Laurel High School and is married to Mary Amanda Saylor. His parents are Julie Saylor and James Saylor (deceased).
Please join us in commending these deputies for their dedication and achievements to the Laurel County Sheriff's Office and the citizens of Laurel County!