DOUGLAS COUNTY, OR - Oregon State Police is reporting that OSP Fish & Wildlife Troopers are investigating an unlawfully killed deer off Interstate 5.
Preliminary investigation has revealed that the animal was killed adjacent to the freeway near the crest of Roberts Mountain on the east side of the roadway on Saturday, October 30, 2021 at about 5:00 P.M. The animal was retrieved by a male subject associated with the vehicle in the photograph. The vehicle of interest is a newer model burgundy or maroon GMC Sierra or similar model 4-door truck with black rims and a black step bar. The truck left the area northbound on Interstate 5 at about 5:15 P.M.
** Report Wildlife and Habitat Law Violators**
How to Report a Wildlife and/or Habitat Law Violation or Suspicious Activity:
The Oregon Hunters Association TIP reward offers preference points or cash rewards for information leading to an arrest or issuance of a citation for the unlawful take/possession or waste of Bighorn Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goat, Moose, Elk, Deer, Antelope, Bear, Cougar, Wolf, Upland Birds, Waterfowl, Furbearers, Game Fish and Shellfish. Cash rewards can also be awarded for turning in people who destroy habitat, illegally obtain licenses/tags, and for the unlawful lending/borrowing of big game tags.
Preference Point Rewards:
- 5 Points-Bighorn Sheep
- 5 Points-Rocky Mountain Goat
- 5 Points-Moose,5 Points-Wolf
- 4 Points-Elk,4 Points-Deer
- 4 Points-Antelope
- 4 Points-Bear
- 4 Points-Cougar
- $1,000 Bighorn Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goat and Moose
- $500 Elk, Deer and Antelope
- $300 Bear, Cougar and Wolf
- $300 Habitat Destruction
- $200 Illegally Obtaining License/Tag(s)
- $200 Unlawful Lend/Borrow Big Game Tags(s)
- $100 Upland Birds and Waterfowl
- $100 Furbearers $100 Game Fish and Shellfish