WALLOWA COUNTY, OR (January 11, 2022) - The Oregon State Police is reporting that on January 8, 2022, at 10:36 A.M. a concerned citizen reported to OSP and ODFW personnel of finding a collared deceased wolf on Parsnip Creek RD in Wallowa County, approximately 6 miles southeast of Wallowa, OR.
Oregon State Police Troopers and ODFW personnel responded to the area and located a deceased collared wolf. The initial investigation revealed that the wolf likely died as a result of being shot.
The wolf, OR 106, was a two-year-old collared female.
OR 106 was a lone wolf that dispersed from the Chesnimnus Pack.
Report Wildlife and Habitat Law Violators
TIP Hotline: 1-800-452-7888 or *OSP (677)
The Oregon Hunters Association TIP reward offers preference points or cash rewards for information leading to an arrest or issuance of a citation for the unlawful take/possession or waste of Bighorn Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goat, Moose, Elk, Deer, Antelope, Bear, Cougar, Wolf, Upland Birds, Waterfowl, Furbearers, Game Fish and Shellfish. Cash rewards can also be awarded for turning in people who destroy habitat, illegally obtain licenses/tags, and for the unlawful lending/borrowing of big game tags.
Preference Point Rewards:
- 5 Points-Bighorn Sheep
- 5 Points-Rocky Mountain Goat
- 5 Points-Moose,5 Points-Wolf
- 4 Points-Elk,4 Points-Deer
- 4 Points-Antelope
- 4 Points-Bear
- 4 Points-Cougar
- $1,000 Bighorn Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goat and Moose
- $500 Elk, Deer and Antelope
- $300 Bear, Cougar and Wolf
- $300 Habitat Destruction
- $200 Illegally Obtaining License/Tag(s)
- $200 Unlawful Lend/Borrow Big Game Tags(s)
- $100 Upland Birds and Waterfowl
- $100 Furbearers $100 Game Fish and Shellfish