Laurel County, KY - Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff’s Sgt. Brett Reeves arrested Ginger Shell age 44 of Johnson Road, London on Friday morning June 7, 2019 at approximately 10:19 AM.
The arrest occurred off East Laurel Rd. at a business there after the business reported an apparent intoxicated female inside the store that had been there since 5:30 Friday morning and would not leave.
When Sgt. Reeves arrived at the scene and made contact with the suspect, she threw a small baggie onto the ground and refused commands from Sgt. Reeves. Upon being arrested, this subject pulled away from Sgt. Reeves, pushing him, and kicking him numerous times refusing to comply with his commands.
This individual continued to fight with Sgt. Reeves but with the help of a store customer was detained until backup officers arrived at the scene.
Ginger Shell was charged with:
- Public intoxication – controlled substances; possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – methamphetamine
- Tampering with physical evidence
- Resisting arrest; assault – third-degree – police officer is victim
- Disorderly conduct – second-degree; possession of drug paraphernalia
- Laurel District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court on charges of alcohol intoxication in a public place
- Laurel District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court on charges of criminal trespassing – third-degree; contempt of court.
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Detention Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Detention Center.
Also assisting on the arrest of the individual for the Sheriff’s office was: Detective Sgt. Chris Edwards, Detective James Sizemore, Detective Bryon Lawson, Detective Daniel Grigsby, Maj. Chuck Johnson.