Laurel County, KY - Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Detective Kyle Gray along with Deputy Jamie Etherton, Bailiff Paige Vanhook, while assisting Social Services on a referral off Chapel Road approximately 5 miles north of London on Tuesday morning July 2, 2019 at approximately 11:23 AM. arrested two individuals there after arriving at the residence and observing through a window a female subject apparently passed out while caring for three small children.
Deputies noted they could observe the female subject apparently passed out on the couch while a small eight month old child sat in the floor surrounded by broken glass and eating something.
In addition, deputies noted they could see two other small children standing at the top of the stairs looking through the banister.
Deputies made entry to the residence and learned that allegedly the female subject was only supposed to have supervised visitation with her children. In addition, this subject was determined to be under the influence of a controlled substance.
Deputies also found this subject in possession of two glass pipes with residue believed to be Methamphetamine, along with a hitter pipe, and a round metal tin can with Methamphetamine residue on it.
In addition, deputies found a male subject inside the residence on an air mattress in the bedroom and found this individual in possession of drug paraphernalia containing suspected Methamphetamine residue. This individual admitted that he had snorted Methamphetamine. In addition, this subject was wanted on outstanding warrants
The two arrested individuals were identified as:
Ashley Virginia Hurley age 32 of Chapel Rd., East Bernstadt charged with:
- Criminal abuse – first-degree
- Two counts of wanton endangerment – second-degree
- Three counts of possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
Carl Daniel Mallory age 26 of McWhorter Victory Rd., London charged with:
- Three counts of possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
- A Knox District Court warrant of arrest charging theft by deception including cold checks under $500
- A Laurel District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court on charges of operating a motor vehicle under the influence and other violations
These two individuals were lodged in the Laurel County Corrections Center.
Photos of accused attached are courtesy of the Laurel County Corrections Center.