SOMERSET, KY - According to Sheriff Greg Speck, Adam Waddle, age 23, of Jarvis Avenue, Somerset, Kentucky was arrested for weapons and drug related charges on May 1, 2020.
On May 1, 2020 at 9:29 AM, Deputy Branson Patterson and Deputy Trent Massey saw Adam Waddle as a passenger in a vehicle traveling on North Main Street in Somerset, Kentucky. Both Deputies recognized Mr. Waddle and knew that he had warrants on him. The Deputies stopped the vehicle and detected the odor of what they believed to be marijuana coming from the vehicle.
The Deputies confirmed there were pending warrants for Mr. Waddle, so he was placed under arrest.
During the search, the Deputies located a backpack sitting in the back seat of the vehicle that Mr. Waddle claimed belonged to him. This backpack contained two firearms, Marijuana, and drug paraphernalia. One of the handguns was loaded with a round in the chamber. The second handgun was unloaded. Mr. Waddle is a convicted felon.
During further search of the backpack Deputies found a weight scale along with two boxes of 9MM rounds.
During further search of the vehicle, Deputies located a blue bag that contained multiple needles, multiple small baggies and a small baggie containing a crystalline substance suspected to be Methamphetamine. A round orange pill with AN 415 on it, suspected to be Suboxone was also found. Mr. Waddle claimed ownership of these items.
Upon searching Mr. Waddle’s person, a small baggie containing a leafy substance consistent with being Marijuana was located.
Deputy Branson Patterson charged Adam Waddle with the following charges:
- Failure to Appear on a Pulaski County District Court Warrant
- Pulaski Circuit Court Warrant for Probation Violation (For Felony Offense)
- Possession of Handgun by a Convicted Felon
- Receiving Stolen Property (Firearm) (One Firearm was Reported Stolen on March 9, 2020 – Sergeant Richard Smith is investigating this theft which occurred in Pulaski County)
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Methamphetamine)
- Possession of a Controlled Substance, 2nd Degree – Drug Unspecified
- Drug Paraphernalia – Buy/Possess
Mr. Waddle remains lodged in the Pulaski County Detention Center as of this Press Release.
No bond has been set for the charges except for the Failure to Appear Warrant for which a prior bond had been set for $200.
Photo of the accused courtesy of the Pulaski County Detention Center.
Contact: Major Jeff Hancock