LONDON, KY (January 26. 2021) - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Justin Taylor along with Deputy Landry Collett, Deputy James Fox, Deputy Hobie Daugherty, Detective Richard Dalrymple, and Detective Bryon Lawson arrested Jeffrey Daniel Kelly age 30 of Corbin early Tuesday morning January 26, 2021 at approximately 5:00 AM.
The arrest occurred off Palomino Trail, approximately 10 miles South of London while deputies were conducting a drug investigation there. Deputies entered a residence where they observed a male subject laying on a couch that appeared to be overdosing and Deputy Hobie Daugherty and Deputy James Fox administered Narcan and conducted CPR reviving the subject.
While in the residence a second male subject was observed in possession of a glass smoking pipe with suspected Meth residue and a large sum of US currency. As a result, Sheriff's investigators obtained a search warrant for the residence and while executing the search warrant found:
- More than 27 grams of suspected Methamphetamine,
- More than 2 grams of suspected Heroin,
- Digital scales
- A .22 caliber pistol
Jeffrey Daniel Kelly was determined to be a convicted felon. Deputies also noted in their report that two small children were found in the residence.
Jeffrey Daniel Kelly was charged with:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – first-degree – second offense – Methamphetamine
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – first offense – Heroin
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Tampering with physical evidence
- Possession of a handgun by a convicted felon
- Two counts of endangering the welfare of a minor
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of contraband seized provided by Sheriff's investigators.
Laurel County Sheriff John Root (left) stated that drug investigations and arrests will continue in Laurel County.