HYDEN, KY - The Leslie County Sheriff’s Office is reporting that on June 5, 2021 Deputy Kyle Crisp arrested David Burkhart on felony drug charges while answering a complaint in the Bledsoe area of Leslie County.
Upon Deputy Crisp’s arrival to this complaint he made contact with David Burkhart sitting on an ATV, Burkhart refused to get off the ATV at first but eventually complied, but once off the ATV Burkhart would not keep his hands out of his pockets or out from behind his back.
Deputy Crisp detained and interviewed Burkhart at this time and discovered him to be under the influence and arrested him.
Upon further investigation and search Deputy Crisp discovered in Burkhart’s possession:
- Suboxone pills
- Digital scales
- Approximately 5 grams of suspected Crystal Methamphetamine
David Burkhart of Bledsoe, KY was charged with the following:
- Public Intoxication
- Possession controlled substance 1st degree (Methamphetamine)
- Trafficking controlled substance 1st degree (Methamphetamine)
- Prescription controlled substance not in original container
- Possession of Drug paraphernalia
Burkhart was lodged in the Leslie County Detention Center.
Photo of the accused is courtesy of the Leslie County Detention Center.
Photo of seized contraband from the Leslie County Sheriff’s Office.