LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's K-9/shift Sgt. Gary Mehler along with Deputy Marcus Stigall arrested Jimmy F. Jones age 35 of Sublimity School Road, London on Monday night June 7, 2021 at approximately 8:04 PM.
The arrest occurred in a business parking lot off Rocky Branch Road approximately 4 miles South of London after deputies were dispatched to a suspicious persons complaint there.
Upon arrival at the scene deputies located the suspect and conducted an investigation determining that this subject was under the influence.
During the investigation this subject became irate creating a disturbance in the business parking lot there cursing and refusing to follow officers commands.
During arrest, this individual threatened deputies there and scuffled with deputies briefly before being taken into custody.
This subject was found in possession of suspected Methamphetamine.
Deputies learned that this individual was also wanted on an outstanding warrant.
Jimmy Jones was charged with:
- Public intoxication – controlled substances
- Menacing; disorderly conduct – second-degree
- Resisting arrest
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – second offense – Methamphetamine
- Terroristic threatening – third-degree
In addition, this subject was charged on a Laurel District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court for arraignment on charges of:
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Heroin
- Possession of Drug paraphernalia
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center