OSP SWR DRUG ENFORCEMENT SECTION TEAM SEIZED AN EPIC AMOUNT OF ILLEGAL MARIJUANA DURING THE OPERATION
WHITE CITY, OREGON - The Oregon State Police is reporting that: On Thursday, November 18, 2021, the Oregon State Police Southwest Region (SWR) Drug Enforcement Section (DES) team served a search warrant in the 1300 block of Antelope Rd. White City, Oregon. The location consisted of 5 industrial-sized warehouses zoned for commercial use.
Over 100 individuals were initially detained, identified, interviewed, and released. Several of the individuals were migrant workers living on-site in subpar living conditions without running water.
During the operation, which spanned over two days, an epic amount of illegal, processed marijuana and a firearm were seized. The DES Team’s conservative estimation on the amount of processed marijuana seized was approximately 500,000 lbs., which depending on where it would be exported to, has a conservative street value of somewhere around $500 million.
This is a very involved investigation and will be ongoing for several weeks. OSP will be releasing more information when available.
The OSP SWR DES team was assisted by:
- The Josephine Marijuana Enforcement Team (JMET) of Josephine County
- The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Medford Office
- The Basin Interagency Narcotics Team (BINET) of Klamath County
- The Illegal Marijuana Enforcement Team (IMET) of the Medford Police Department-Jackson County Sheriff’s Office
- Jackson County Fire District No. 3.