LONDON,. KY (April 21, 2022) - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's interdiction unit Justin Taylor along with interdiction unit Landry Collett arrested John L. Lykins III age 31 of Old Salts Rd., Somerset early Thursday morning April 21, 2021 at approximately 2:54 AM.
The arrest occurred at a hotel in southern Laurel County after Sheriff's investigators developed information on possible drug activity there.
Upon arrival at the scene, deputies located the suspect in a room there in possession of:
- Suspected Methamphetamine
- Suspected Marijuana
- Digital scales
- A handgun
- Counterfeit U.S. Currency
- A large amount of real U.S. currency
John Lykins III (right) was charged with:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – first-degree – second offense – Methamphetamine
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – second-degree – first offense
- Trafficking in Marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a handgun by a convicted felon
- Criminal possession of a forged instrument – first-degree
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of contraband seized provided by the Laurel County Sheriff's Office.
Laurel County Sheriff John Root stated that drug investigations and arrests will continue in Laurel County.