LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's interdiction unit Justin Taylor (case officer) along with interdiction unit Landry Collett, shift Sgt. John Inman, Deputy Brian France, and Deputy Marcus Stigall arrested James William Edwards age 41 of Mount Orab, Ohio early Friday morning August 19, 2022 approximately 6:17 AM.
The arrest occurred at a residence off KY 312 approximately 10 miles South of London while deputies were conducting a welfare check regarding a female subject wanting to petition for an EPO there.
Upon arrival at the scene deputies were unable to make contact with the female subject at the residence and entered the residence to check on her well-being.
A male subject was the only person located inside along with drug paraphernalia in plain view.
Following an investigation deputies located:
- A large amount of suspected Methamphetamine
- A large amount of pills
- Alarge quantity of U.S. currency
- Suspected Marijuana
- A 9 MM pistol
It was determined that the male subject there was a convicted felon.
James William Edwards was charged with:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – more than 2 grams of Methamphetamine
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – schedule one and two
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – third-degree – first offense
- Trafficking in Marijuana
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Prescription controlled substances not in proper container – first offense
- Possession of a handgun by a convicted felon
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of Laurel County Correctional Center.
Laurel County Sheriff John Root stated that drug arrests will continue in Laurel County.
The Laurel County Constable's office also assisted at the scene.