MULTNOMAH COUNTY, OR - The Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office is reporting that MCSO takes seriously its responsibility to engage community stakeholders about the services the agency provides.
Policy and procedure serve as the foundation for all MCSO law enforcement operations, correctional operations, and business services. Policy provides members with the objectives, limits, and requirements that apply to their work for the public. Procedure provides detailed direction governing how a task is to be accomplished.
We invite the public to provide feedback on proposed policy and procedure(s) through a 30-day period known as the Stakeholder Review. During the policy’s Stakeholder Review, the public is encouraged to submit comments or proposals relevant to the content of the policy drafts. People who submit comments should be aware that their remarks become public record.
The Sheriff’s Office is currently in the process of reviewing the following draft(s):
- 415.00 Conducting Personal Business While on Duty Prohibited
- 420.00 Membership in Certain Organizations Prohibited
- 610.00 Post-Deadly Physical Force and Death in Custody
- 615.00 Reporting Efforts to Control a Person
- 620.00 Control Event Report Reviews
- 905.00 Contact Information; Telephone and Address Confidentiality
- 1200.00 Communication with the Media
To submit a comment, please go to our website.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take individual comments into collective consideration as policy is finalized.