PIGGOT, AR (ClayCoNews) - According to Clay County Sheriff Terry Miller: On December 6, 2022, Deputies were dispatched to a male asleep behind the wheel of a truck on CR 478.
Once on scene Deputies were able to make contact and check the welfare of the driver. The driver was then identified as 20-year-old Tyler Spray of Rector.
Deputies could smell the odor of Marijuana coming from the truck and there was a 9mm handgun visible between the driver's seat and the middle console.
A search of the vehicle was then done, and deputies located 263.2 grams of Marijuana, 4.9 grams of a schedule 2 substance, a set of digital scales, numerous plastic baggies, and other items of drug paraphernalia.
Mr. Spray was taken into custody and transported to the Greene County Detention Center to await a bond hearing.
Tyler Spray was charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule 6 controlled substance with the purpose to deliver
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia with intent to manufacture
- Possession of a Schedule 2 controlled substance with the purpose to deliver
- Simultaneous Possession of Drugs and Firearms
- Misdemeanor Drug Paraphernalia
This individual was lodged in the Greene County Detention Center.
Photo of seized contraband from the Clay County Sheriff's Office.