LONDON, KY (February 16, 2023) - Laurel County Sheriff John Root and London City Police Chief Chuck Johnson announce that: On Wednesday, February 15, 2023 the Laurel County “Drug Interdiction” Task Force conducted a traffic stop on a Silver Toyota Tacoma for traffic violations.
During the stop officers noted detecting the odor of Marijuana emitting from the vehicle and conducted an investigation on the driver.
During the investigation officers learned that the driver was wanted on three outstanding warrants.
Arrested was the driver identified as Marty Dwayne Gray age 46 of Old Whitley Rd., London, KY.
Upon arrest, the driver was found in possession of:
- Suspected Methamphetamine
- A glass pipe with white residue inside
- Suspected Marijuana
- A handgun
It was determined that the driver was a convicted felon.
Marty Gray was charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a controlled substance – Third-degree
- Possession of drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of a handgun by a convicted Felon
In addition, this subject was charged on a Laurel Circuit Court indictment warrant of arrest charging:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – first-degree – First offense
- Persistent Felony Offender I.
A Clay District Court bench warrant of arrest charging:
- Failure to appear in court regarding Child Support
A Clay District Court bench warrant of arrest charging failure to appear in court on charges of:
- Operating on suspended or revoked operator's license
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.