MANCHESTER, KY - Clay County Sheriff Patrick Robinson is reporting that on Monday, May 13, 2023 Clay County Sheriff Deputy Jared Smith along with K-9 Deputy Wes Brumley and Clay County Sgt. Jermey Gabbard arrested Tony Dezarn of Manchester.
The arrest occurred after Deputies received a call about damaged/stolen telephone line. While responding to the call, K-9 Deputy Wes Brumley conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for infractions of which Tony Dezarn was the driver.
Through investigation it was determined that the vehicle in question was involved in the theft and the stolen items were located in the vehicle during the stop.
Once Deputies arrived at the Clay County Detention Center, jail staff located a crystal like substance during the intake search.
Tony Dezarn was charged with:
- No Tail Lamps
- License To Be In Possession
- Failure Of Non-Owner/ Operator to Maintain Required Insurance
- Operating On Suspended or Revoked Driver's License
- Receiving Stolen Property 1,000<10,000
- Criminal Mischief, 1st Degree
- Possession of Controlled Substance 1st Degree
- Promoting Contraband 1st Degree
This individual was lodged in the Clay County Detention Center.
Photo of the accused is courtesy of the Clay County Detention Center.
Assisting at the scene was the Manchester Police Department (MPD), and Kentucky State Police (KSP).