BARBOURVILLE, KY - The Knox County Sheriff's Department is reporting that: On Wednesday, June 21, 2023, Knox County Deputies responded to a domestic violence complaint at a residence on Kickapoo Trail in Barbourville.
After conducting an investigation, the deputies learned that Scotty McVey age 38 of Barbourville, KY had assaulted his girlfriend and their infant child.
McVey was later arrested and transported to jail.
Scotty McVey is charged with:
- FLEEING OR EVADING POLICE, 2ND DEGREE (MOTOR VEHICLE)
- OPERATING ON SUS OR REV OPER LICENSE
- OPER MTR VEHICLE U/INFL ALC .08 (189A.010(1A) - 1ST (AGG CIR)
- ASSAULT, 4TH DEGREE (DOMESTIC VIOLENCE) MINOR INJURY
- TERRORISTIC THREATENING, 3RD DEGREE
- CRIMINAL ABUSE 1ST DEGREE-CHILD 12 OR UNDER
This individual was lodged in the Knox County Detention Center where, at the time of this publishing, he remains held on a $5,000.00 CASH bond with a Circuit Court date set for July 28, 2023 at 9:00 AM.
Photo of the accused is courtesy of the Knox County Detention Center.
Knox EMS transported the female victim and the infant child to Barbourville ARH for treatment.
DCBS was also notified and responded to the ARH.