OWSLEY COUNTY, KY – The Kentucky State Police (KSP) is reporting that: KSP Post 7, Richmond was contacted just before 8:30 p.m., Saturday, July 15, 2023, in reference to a single-vehicle collision involving a pedestrian near the intersection of Stamper Road and KY-30 in Owsley County.
The initial investigation indicates a 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser operated by Micka Mckinney, 26, of Booneville, was traveling west on KY-30 when she struck a pedestrian Ethan Bolin, 33, of Booneville, who was walking on the shoulder of the roadway westbound.
As a result of the collision, Mr. Bolin was fatally injured and pronounced deceased on the scene by the Owsley County Coroner, Rob Morgan.
Ms. Mckinney was arrested at the scene and transported to the Three Forks Regional Jail in Lee County.
Micka Mckinney was charged with:
- OPER MTR VEHICLE U/INFL SUBST (189A.010(1C) - 1ST
- OPERATING ON SUS OR REV OPER LICENSE
- FAILURE OF OWNER TO MAINTAIN REQUIRED INS/SEC, 1ST OFF
- FAILURE TO REGISTER TRANSFER OF MOTOR VEHICLE,,LICENSE TO BE IN POSSESSION
- FAILURE TO PRODUCE INSURANCE CARD
- OPERATING VEHICLE WITH EXPIRED OPERATORS LICENSE
- CARELESS DRIVING
This individual is lodged in the Three Forks Regional Jail in Lee County.
Photo of the accused is courtesy of the Three Forks Regional Jail.
The ongoing collision investigation is being conducted by Trooper Neal Barnes. He was assisted on the scene by Kentucky State Police personnel, Owsley County Sheriff's Office, Owsley County Coroners Office, and Owsley County EMS.
# # #