LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Allen Turner along with Detective Robert Reed and Deputy Keith Dinsmore arrested a parole violator in Laurel County on Tuesday morning August 29, 2023 at approximately 11:00 AM.
Arrested was, Joshua W. Caldwell age 39 of White Oak Road, London, Kentucky.
The arrest occurred off White Oak Road, approximately 6 miles west of London while deputies were serving a Kentucky parole board parole violation warrant for absconding parole.
Sheriff's investigators developed information on Caldwell's whereabouts and upon arriving at the residence the male suspect fled on foot through the house onto a porch where he briefly struggled with deputies before being taken into custody.
Joshua Caldwell was charged on a Kentucky parole board parole violation warrant charging:
- Absconding parole supervision
- Failure to report to parole officer as directed
In addition: Failure to make restitution as directed regarding a conviction in Laurel Circuit Court on charges of:
- Two counts of assault – second-degree
- Fleeing or evading police – first offense
- Theft by unlawful taking more than $10,000
In addition: This subject was charged on a Laurel District Court complaint warrant of arrest obtained by a citizen charging:
- Terroristic threatening – third-degree
Also, other charges relating to Caldwell's arrest were:
- Fleeing or evading police – first-degree – on foot
- Resisting arrest
- Terroristic threatening – third-degree – this individual threatened arresting officers
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County correctional center.
Felony warrants are expected from Pulaski County, Kentucky