MANCHESTER, KY (September 4, 2023) - FREE upcoming Cooperative Extension Service programs in Clay County, Kentucky for Steptember/October 2023.
- 2023 East Kentucky Hay Contest is free for Clay County producers. Testing provides nutritional value of hay and haylage/baleage, rations, and can result in reduced feed costs, increased animal performance, and information to improve forage stands. The deadline to request testing is September 11th. Samples must be taken by September 22nd. Call Ashley at 598-2789 for more information or to schedule testing.
- Join us for our next 4-H Art Club on September 19th and October 17th at 4:00 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. We will make projects for the fall season! FREE & open to youth ages 9-18. You must call 598-2789 to register.
- Our next 4-H Cooking Club meetings will be September 25th and October 16th at 4:00 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. Join us as we learn kitchen tips, safety and create delicious dishes! FREE & open to youth ages 9-18. You must call 598-2789 to register.
- Clay County Beekeepers Association will meet on September 28th at 6PM at the EXCEL building, 86 Muddy Gap Rd. A potluck meal is usually provided. Bring a dish and come see what the buzz is all about! Call 598-2789 for more information or contact Barry Hubbard. You can also check out the Clay County Kentucky Beekeepers Association Facebook page.
- Join us for another painting opportunity for the entire family! 4-H Paint Day will be on October 3rd at 4 pm the Clay County EXCEL Building. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to paint with their child. This event is free and open to kids 5-18 years of age. You must call 598-2789 to register.
- 4-H Counted Cross Stitch Class will be Oct. 12th at 4 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. We will follow a fall themed counted cross stitch pattern that can be used for the home, as a gift or entered for the KY State Fair! It. This event is free to youth ages 9-18. You must call 598-2789 to register by Oct. 5th.
- Holiday Ideas - October 13th at 10 am Clay Co. Extension Office Join us for donuts & to decorate a cute fall pumpkin. Holiday crafts & decor/gift items from other offices will be on display. Free & open to the public. Call 598-2789 to register by October 9th.
- Our next 4-H Cooking Club meetings will be October 16th at 4:00 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. Join us as we learn kitchen tips, safety and create delicious dishes! FREE & open to youth ages 9-18. You must call 598-2789 to register.
- 4-H Pumpkin Carving/Decorating Contest: This contest if for youth age 5-18. Pumpkins must be decorated or carved by the child or teen. Carved pumpkins should only be carved, no decorations. Decorated pumpkins should only be decorated with paint and other décor, no carvings. Winners will be announced October 25th. Blue ribbons will receive $25, red ribbons $15 and white ribbons $10. Juniors and senior division (age 9-18) will be required to submit a brief description describing skill and materials used and why you chose the topic/character. Drop off will be October 23rd- 24th at the Clay County Extension Office.
Educational programs of Kentucky Cooperative Extension serve all people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.