BARBOURVILLE, KY - According to the Knox County Sheriff's Department, on Tuesday, November 7, 2023, Knox County Deputy Jesse Smith observed 54-year-old John Carr of Gray, KY inside a truck in the parking lot of a business known to be a high drug trafficking area.
Carr was asked for identifying information and Knox Dispatch reported an active warrant and he was taken into custody.
Also on scene was Corbin City K-9 Officer E. Rhodes who's K-9 conducted a free air sniff around Carr’s vehicle and positively alerted on the driver’s side of the truck.
A search of the vehicle revealed a large quantity of Methamphetamine in clear bags, Heroin, and Fentanyl. Also found were two sets of digital scales, baggies, and a long rifle which Carr should not have been in possession of due to being a convicted felon.
John Carr was lodged in the Knox County Detention Center charged with:
- Trafficking in controlled substance - 1st offense (Carfentanil or Fentanyl Derivatives) - Enhancement
- Trafficking in controlled substance - 1st degree, 1st offense (greater than 2 grams - Methamphetamine) - Enhancement
- Trafficking in controlled substance - 1st offense (Heroin) - Enhancement trafficking in legend drugs - 1st offense
- Buying/possessing drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a handgun by a convicted felon
Carr was also served two outstanding warrants for:
- Manslaughter - 2nd degree
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence
Photos from the Knox County Sheriff's Department.
Also assisting on scene were Lt. Sam Mullins and Deputy Jeremiah Williamson along with the HIDTA Task Force.