WILLIAMSBURG, KY - According to the Williamsburg Police Department, on Sunday, February 04, 2024, a traffic stop was conducted on a 2001 GMC pick-up truck, along U.S. Highway 25W at a local business.
The vehicle was occupied by two individuals identified as: Robert D. Mattie, age 48 of Williamsburg, KY and Tonya Marie Mattie-Cureton, age 46 of Williamsburg, KY.
During the encounter, WPD Officers located and seized the following illegal items.
- Approximately 13.5 grams of suspected Methamphetamine
- U.S. Currency/Cash
- Electronic Devices/Cellphones
Both individuals were arrested and transported to the Whitley County Detention Center.
Robert Mattie was charged with:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance 1st degree- O/Two Grams
- Driving on a DUI suspended license-3rd Offense
- Changing drivers while vehicle in Motion,
- Failure to wear Seatbelt
Tonya Mattie was charged with:
- Complicity to trafficking in a controlled substance 1st degree-O/Two Grams
- Complicity to driving on a DUI suspended license-3rd Offense
- Changing drivers while vehicle in Motion
Both individuals were lodged in the Whitley County Detention Center.
Photos of the accused are courtesy of the Whitley County Detention Center.
Investigating/Arresting Officer: Ofc. Dorman Patrick Jr. Assisted by Officer Steven Hill.