Laurel County, Ky.- Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Josh Morgan along with Sgt. John Inman and Deputy Josh Scott arrested two individuals early Wednesday morning July 31, 2019 at approximately 5:41 AM.
The arrests occurred off Cassidy Road, approximately 8 miles southwest of London after deputies were dispatched to a complaint that a male subject was in a business there and was recognized as a suspect in a recent theft there.
Upon arrival at the scene, Deputy Morgan encountered the suspect who was leaving the business getting into a maroon colored Trailblazer.
Deputy Morgan attempted to make contact with the suspect however the suspect ignored Deputy Morgan’s commands fleeing in his vehicle with a female passenger traveling westbound on Cumberland Gap Parkway running the red light at the interstate intersection and fleeing out KY 770 turning left on Locust Grove Road and losing control of his vehicle at Cassidy Road running off the roadway striking an residential outbuilding there (destroying it) – total distance of the pursuit was approximately 6 miles at speeds of 90 mph.
Deputies found the driver in possession of a pill bottle with no label on it and numerous assorted pills poured onto the floor of the vehicle, counterfeit money, and Marijuana. In addition, the driver was driving on a DUI suspended license.
The two arrested individuals were identified as:
Rex Allen Gray age 30 of Hammons Fork Roa, Woollum, KY charged with:
- Fleeing or evading police – first-degree – motor vehicle
- Speeding more than 26 mph over the limit
- Criminal possession of a forged instrument – third-degree
- Disregarding a traffic control device – traffic light
- Driving on DUI suspended license – first offense
- Criminal mischief – first-degree
- Tampering with physical evidence
- Failure to produce insurance card
- Wanton endangerment – first-degree
- Prescription controlled substances not in proper container – first offense
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – second offense
- Resisting arrest
- Possession of Marijuana
Jennifer Ann Lovett age 28 of Ott Road, Corbin, KY charged with:
These two individuals were lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.