DOUGLAS COUNTY, OR (September 20th, 2021) - The Oregon State Police is reporting that on September 2, 2021, Sr. Trooper Baimbridge responded to a report of a dead bull elk in the 2800 Block of Mehl Creek Road, Elkton, Oregon.
The bull had the head removed and the meat removed. The elk had been shot by a rifle during the bow season.
The investigation revealed that Jase Billman (20) shot the bull from the roadway with a .270 caliber rifle then enlisted the help of 3 friends and family to pack it out.
Jase was issued a citation for;
- Unlawful Take of Bull Elk
- His rifle was seized along with the antlers and meat from the bull
The meat was able to be salvaged.
Two other individuals were issued citations for Aiding in a Wildlife Offense.
Report Wildlife and Habitat Law Violators
How to Report a Wildlife and/or Habitat Law Violation or Suspicious Activity:
The Oregon Hunters Association TIP reward offers preference points or cash rewards for information leading to an arrest or issuance of a citation for the unlawful take/possession or waste of Bighorn Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goat, Moose, Elk, Deer, Antelope, Bear, Cougar, Wolf, Upland Birds, Waterfowl, Furbearers, Game Fish and Shellfish. Cash rewards can also be awarded for turning in people who destroy habitat, illegally obtain licenses/tags, and for the unlawful lending/borrowing of big game tags.
Preference Point Rewards:
* 5 Points-Bighorn Sheep
* 5 Points-Rocky Mountain Goat
* 5 Points-Moose
* 5 Points-Wolf
* 4 Points-Elk
* 4 Points-Deer
* 4 Points-Antelope
* 4 Points-Bear
* 4 Points-Cougar
* $1,000 Bighorn Sheep, Rocky Mountain Goat and Moose
* $500 Elk, Deer and Antelope
* $300 Bear, Cougar and Wolf
* $300 Habitat Destruction
* $200 Illegally Obtaining License/Tag(s)
* $200 Unlawful Lend/Borrow Big Game Tags(s)
* $100 Upland Birds and Waterfowl
* $100 Furbearers
* $100 Game Fish and Shellfish