By Curtis L. Coy
Colleagues and Fellow Veterans, I am excited to share information with you about a new survey that has been developed with support from a Google Global Impact Award, the Institute for Veterans and Military Families [ http://vets.syr.edu/ ] (IVMF) and in collaboration with Student Veterans of America [ http://www.studentveterans.org/ ]_ _(SVA). The survey is to understand Servicemembers’ service and post-service experiences, challenges, and recommendations as they relate to education and successful transition.
*"All military Servicemembers (active duty, reserves, guard), Veterans and their families are eligible to participate. "*"Please help us get the word out and pass this on to eligible individuals and your networks.
* The survey should take approximately 20 minutes, depending on your answers.
* Your responses will remain entirely confidential. * The research team will follow up at various intervals to remind you to distribute and complete the survey, which will close after 3-4 months (depending on response rates).
All survey findings and accompanying research reports will be made publicly available online by IVMF in the coming months at www.vets.syr.edu [ http://www.vets.syr.edu/ ].
To access the *"Service Member to Student Survey: Veterans’ Perceptions of Transition, Higher Education & Success"* survey or distribute the survey directly to your membership and distribution lists via email, *click **here* [ https://syracuseuniversity.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_9vjIQ0RYqGhqazj&RID=MLRP_cGWE6bVPA6ZWOUt&_=1 ].
Curtis L. Coy
Deputy Under Secretary for Economic Opportunity
Veterans Benefits Administration
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
* If you would like to review prior messages sent through this listserv, click http://benefits.va.gov/vow/economic_opportunity.htm.
* If you would like to research, find, access, and, in time, manage your VA benefits and personal information please visit and/or register at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal.
* If you are seeking employment in the federal government, particularly the VA, our VA for Vets high-tech tools and resources can help. Visit online at http://vaforvets.va.gov/Pages/default.aspx or call 1-855-824-8387.