CORBIN, KY (December 8, 2019) - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Jamie Etherton arrested Susan Renée Smith age 43 of Hinkle, KY on Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at approximately 4:37 PM.
The arrest occurred at Walmart near Corbin in southern Laurel County after Walmart's loss prevention team detained this subject.
When Deputy Etherton arrived at the scene and conducted an investigation he learned that this individual and attempted to leave the store without paying for numerous items. Total value of the theft was $98.88.
In addition, during the investigation this individual was found in possession of a plastic bag containing a clear crystal substance believed to be Methamphetamine. Also, the subject was found in possession of numerous pills identified as Clonazepam, Tramadol and Gabapentin.
This individual stated that she had received Gabapentin which totaled 148 tablets from a person for a payment.
Susan Renée Smith was charged with:
- Theft by unlawful taking – under 500 hundred dollars
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
- Public intoxication – controlled substances
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – third-degree – first offense
- Possession of a controlled substance – second-degree
- Prescription controlled substances not in proper container – second offense
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Corrections Center.
Photo of contraband seized attached to this report.