LONDON, KY (December 10, 2019) - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Tommy Houston along with Deputy Shannon Jones and Deputy Josh Morgan arrested Joshua Wayne Minton age 32 of London early Monday morning December 9, 2019 at approximately 1:42 AM.
The arrest occurred off North Mill St. in London while deputies were investigating a complaint and observed a blue colored Saturn VU driving at a high rate of speed and run a stop sign.
A traffic stop was conducted where this subject was determined to be under the influence – This individual stated he had taken meth and marijuana earlier.
In addition, this subject was found in possession of suspected Methamphetamine.
Joshua Wayne Minton was charged with:
- Reckless driving
- Disregarding stop sign
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence – first offense
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
- Failure to signal
- No operator's license
- Failure to wear seatbelts
- Failure of nonowner operator to maintain required insurance – first offense
- Instructional permit violations
- Failure to dim head lights
- Driving too fast for traffic conditions
- Improper equipment.
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.