SOMERSET, KY (November 27, 2019) - Sheriff Greg Speck reports that Geovonia D. Coleman, age 37 of 933 West Wood Court Danville, Kentucky was arrested following a traffic stop on Nelson Valley Road in Pulaski County.
On Monday, November 25, 2019, at approximately 9:40 PM, Deputy Marcus Harrison observed a 2013 Ford Focus traveling on East Frog Hollow Road with a canceled license plate on it. Deputy Harrison stopped the vehicle and learned that the vehicle was being operated by Geovania Coleman who had a suspended driver’s license.
Sergeant Smith and his K-9, Giro, arrived at Deputy Harrison’s location and walked the K-9 around the vehicle. Giro alerted on the vehicle and the vehicle was searched.
Contraband located during the search:
• 3.9 grams of Fentanyl
• 34.96 grams of Methamphetamine
• 21.56 grams of an unknown powder substance
• 2 Suboxone pills in individual baggies
• 18 Xanax pills in two baggies
• 1 Small bag of marijuana
Deputies also located a stolen pistol on Coleman’s person and $2300 cash.
Geovonia Coleman was charged with the following:
• Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 1st Offense (Carfentanil or Fentanyl Derivatives
• Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 1st Degree, 1st Offense, (More than 2 Grams of Methamphetamine)
• Possession of a Controlled Substance 1st Degree, 1st Offense (Drug Unspecified)
• Trafficking in a Controlled Substance, 2nd Degree, 1st Offense (Less Than 20 Doses; Drug Unspecified Schedule 3)
• Possession of Marijuana
• Receiving Stolen Property (Firearm)
Mr. Coleman was transported to the Pulaski County Detention Center where he remains as of this press release.
Mr. Coleman had an arraignment today, November 27, 2019, at 08:55 AM. As of this press release, he had a bond set at $40,000 Cash or Property.
Assisting the Pulaski County Sheriff's Office was the Lake Cumberland Area Drug Task Force.
December 13, 2019 - Photo courtesy of the Pulaski County Detention Center.