LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Detective Bryon Lawson along with Major Chuck Johnson, Lieut. Chris Edwards, and Detective Robert Reed arrested two individuals off Tomcat Trail, approximately 6 miles east of London on Wednesday afternoon October 14, 2020 at approximately 2:53 P.M..
The arrests were the result of a drug investigation conducted by Sheriff's investigators after these two individuals were found in possession of:
- A large quantity of Meth (approx.. 96 grams)
- Approx. $20,000 US currency
- Numerous weapons including an AR, shotgun, and pistols
- Three motorcycles
- One pickup truck
The two arrested individuals were identified as:
The owner of the residence, William Davidson age 58 of Tomcat Trail, London, Ky. charged with:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – first-degree – second offense – Methamphetamine
- Persistent felony offender I
- Possession of firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of handgun by a convicted felon
- Trafficking in Marijuana first offense
An individual at the residence, Clay White age 49 of Stone Gap Road, Manchester, Ky. charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
These two individuals were lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photos of accused attached are courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Investigators assisting for the Laurel County Sheriff's office included: Detective Bryon Lawson, Major Chuck Johnson, Lieut. Chris Edwards, Detective Robert Reed, Deputy Jamie Etherton, Bailiff Jacklyn Johnson, Bailiff Roy Ball, and Bailiff Dennis Gilbert.
Laurel County Sheriff John Root (left) stated that the “War on Drugs” continues in Laurel County and that drug investigations and arrests will continue.