LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Justin Taylor along with Deputy Landry Collett and Deputy Tommy Houston arrested two individuals off KY 770 approximately 10 miles South of London early Thursday morning October 22, 2020 at approximately 12:44 AM.
The arrests occurred after deputies conducted an investigation on a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot there.
During the investigation deputies found the driver in possession of:
- A large amount of suspected Methamphetamine
- Other drugs not in a proper container
- A large amount of US currency
- A pistol
A passenger was found in possession of suspected Methamphetamine.
The two arrested individuals were identified as:
the driver – Jason Douglas Proffitt age 44 of Pepper Hill Dr., London charged with:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – First-degree – First offense – Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a controlled substance – Third-degree
- Prescription controlled substances not in proper container – First offense
The passenger – Roy Dewayne Hembree age 55 of Collins Ln., Corbin charged with:
- Possession of a controlled substance – First-degree – First offense – Methamphetamine
These two individuals were lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photos of accused attached are courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Laurel County Sheriff John Root (left) stated that drug investigations and arrests will continue in Laurel County.