LONDON, KY (January 27, 2021) - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Justin Taylor along with Deputy Landry Collett arrested Lisa Gwen Anderson age 53 of Corbin early Wednesday morning January 27, 2021 at approximately 1:32 AM.
The arrest occurred on I–75 near exit 49 at Highway 909 northbound after deputies reported that this individual was operating a gray Dodge Ram pickup that allegedly nearly struck deputies and a tow truck operator at a traffic crash investigation at the 42 mile marker.
Deputies reported that this suspect vehicle failed to move over at the crash site. One deputy on scene at the earlier traffic crash was able to catch up to the suspect vehicle conducting a traffic stop.
During the investigation there the driver was found in possession of suspected Methamphetamine, and pills and was determined through investigation to be under the influence.
Lisa Anderson was charged with:
- Failure to give right of way to emergency stopped vehicle
- Reckless driving
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence – first offense
- Possession of a Controlled substance – first-degree – first offense – Methamphetamine
- Possession of Drug paraphernalia
- Possession of a Controlled substance – second-degree
- Possession of a Controlled substance – third-degree
- Prescription controlled substances not in proper container – first offense.
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of contraband seized attached to this report.