LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Tommy Houston along with Deputy James Fox arrested Daniel Lee Hatfield age 42 of Corbin early Monday morning April 26, 2021 at approximately 1:27 AM.
The arrest occurred in a business parking lot off West Cumberland Gap Parkway approximately 10 miles South of London after deputies were dispatched to a complaint of a male subject apparently passed out there.
Upon arrival at the scene deputies located the suspect vehicle, a blue Chevrolet Cavalier and upon awakening the driver an investigation was conducted where the driver was determined to be under the influence.
This subject admitted shooting up Suboxone.
Daniel Lee Hatfield was charged with:
- Operating a motor vehicle under the influence – third offense
- Driving on DUI suspended license – first offense
- Improper registration plate
- Failure of owner to maintain required insurance – first offense
- Failure to wear seatbelts
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.