BARBOURVILLE, KY - The Knox County Sheriff's Department is reporting that on Saturday, October 9, 2021, at approximately 7:20 P.M Knox County Deputies Jesse Smith and Scotty Wilson responded to a complaint of a man coming to a residence on Quinn Loop in Gray and firing a handgun several times.
The man also stuck the weapon to the man’s chest before he left the residence and continued to fire the weapon while walking away on the railroad tracks.
The deputies made contact with the man at approximately 7:45 P.M. He was identified as 54-year-old Doyle Golden of Gray, KY, and was lying on the train tracks with the pistol in his hand. When the deputies attempted to arrest Golden, he became combative and assaulted both deputies.
After a lengthy struggle, Golden was arrested.
Doyle Wayne Golden charged with:
- Nine (9) counts of Wanton Endangerment-1st Degree
- Alcohol Intoxication in a Public Place
- Resisting Arrest
- Two (2) counts of Assault 3rd Degree-Police Officer
- Possession of Handgun by Convicted Felon
- Persistent Felony Offender II
- Three (3) counts of Terroristic Threatening-1st Degree
The Terroristic Threatening charges were the result of Doyle Golden repeatedly threatening to kill the deputies.
This individual was lodged in the Knox County Detention Center.
Photo of The accused is courtesy of the Knox County Detention Center
While being processed at the Knox County Detention Center, Doyle Golden struck a deputy jailer in the face with his fist and also threatened to kill him.
Doyle Golden was then charged with:
- Another count of Assault-3rd Degree and Terroristic Threatening-1st Degree