GRAYSON, KY - The Kentucky State Police is reporting that on Wednesday, March 16, 2022, KSP Post 14 Ashland, conducted a drug investigation In the area of Grayson, KY.
Information was obtained and a search warrant for the residence of Clifford “Boomer” Cathey was signed by the Carter County Attorney’s Office.
Upon serving the search warrant, seized was:
- Approximately 961 grams of Methamphetamine
- 83 grams of Heroin
- 217 grams of Marijuana
- One assault rifle
- $2400.00 cash
Mr. Cathey was arrested and lodged in the Carter County Detention Center.
Clifford Cathey was charged with:
- TRAFF IN CONT SUB, 1ST DEGREE, 2ND OR > – (< 2 GMS METHAMPHETAMINE)
- TRAFF IN CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE 2ND OR > OFFENSE – (HEROIN)
- POSSESSION OF FIREARM BY CONVICTED FELON
- TRAF IN MARIJUANA ( 8 OZ TO < 5 LBS.) 2ND > OFF
- DRUG PARAPHERNALIA – BUY/POSSESS
Photos provided by the Kentucky State Police.
The Kentucky State Police was assisted by the Carter County Sheriffs Office, Kentucky State Police Canine Branch, North East Kentucky Drug Task Force and Carter County Attorney’s Office.
The case remains under investigation by Trooper Tyler Daniels
# # #