CLACKMAS COUNTY, OR - The Oregon State Police is reporting that on Tuesday, September 13, 2022, the OSP, Drug Enforcement Section, Northwest Region Marijuana Team (OSP NWR MJ) served search warrants on South Criteser Road, south of Oregon City, OR. Investigators with NWR MJ began the investigation after discovering 22 greenhouses not registered to grow Hemp or licensed to grow Marijuana.
During the search warrant operation, investigators found:
- Nine horses and Four cattle that were malnourished and in need of veterinary care
The Oregon Humane Society and Sound Equine Options, an Oregon based non-profit equine rescue organization, responded to help with documenting animal evidence and to take possession of the horses and cattle.
Photo of rescued horse (left) from the Oregon State Police.
Also discovered were:
- 2987 Marijuana plants
- Approximately 3000 pounds of bulk Marijuana
- Four firearms
NWRMJ recovered stolen property including:
- Two tractor
- A track hoe
- A travel trailer
- A heavy-haul trailer
- Apickup truck
- An SUV
NWRMJ also seized a Lamborghini sports car as a suspected proceed of the Marijuana growing operation.
Investigators contacted eight individuals living in multiple locations throughout the approximately 75-acre property.
NWRMJ was assisted in the operation by the:
- Clackamas County Interagency Taskforce
- Westside Interagency Narcotics Team
- Linn Interagency Narcotics Enforcement Team
- Gresham Police Department
- Clackamas County Code Enforcement
- The Oregon Humane Society
- Sound Equine Options
The case and potential felony Marijuana and Animal neglect charges will be referred to the Clackamas County District Attorney’s Office.