LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: Laurel Sheriff's Deputy Brian France along with his K-9 “Maverick” and Deputy Skylar McFarland along with interdiction unit Landry Collett and interdiction unit Justin Taylor arrested Roy Darrell Burns age 61 of Salem View Road, London early Thursday morning November 10, 2022 at approximately 12:19 AM.
The arrest occurred on North Laurel Road, approximately 2 miles north of London following a traffic stop conducted on a black Chevrolet pickup for failure to signal a turn.
During the traffic stop deputies observed suspected drug paraphernalia.
Deputy Brian France deployed his K-9 “Maverick” who alerted on the vehicle for the presence of narcotics in the vehicle.
Seized contraband after alert by K-9 “Maverick”
During the resulting investigation, in addition to paraphernalia already observed inside the vehicle the driver was found in possession of:
- A large amount of suspected Methamphetamine
- Assorted pills including Xanax and Clonazipam
Roy Darrell Burns (right) was charged with:
- Trafficking in a controlled substance – first-degree – second offense – Methamphetamine
- Possession of a controlled substance – third-degree
- Possession of a controlled substance – second-degree
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Failure to signal
This individual was lodged in the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photo of accused attached is courtesy of the Laurel County Correctional Center.
Photos of contraband seized are from the Laurel County Sheriff's Office.