BARBOURVILLE, KY - The Knox County Sheriff's Department is reporting that on Monday, December 19, 2022, a Knox County Deputy traveled to a residence on Pea Ridge Road in Artemus in an attempt to execute a warrant on 34-year-old Daniel Dean.
When the deputy arrived he observed Dean exit a vehicle and flee on foot. The deputy gave chase and eventually apprehended him.
Dean then became combative and struck the deputy before he was physically subdued.
During the altercation Dean also attempted to strike the deputy with a long metal object.
Located inside the vehicle was:
- A plastic bag containing suspected Methamphetamine
- Aset of digital scales
- A small amount of Marijuana
- Three used Meth pipes
- Several syringes
Daniel Dean was charged with:
- Fleeing or Evading Police-1st Degree
- Resisting Arrest
- Wanton Endangerment-1st Degree
- Assault-3rd Degree-Police Officer
- Disorderly Conduct-1st Degree
- Trafficking in Controlled Substance-1st Degree
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
He was also charged with the Knox County Bench Warrant for a Drug Court Violation regarding:
- Several drug-related charges
This individual was lodged in the Knox County Detention Center.
Photo of the accused courtesy of the Knox County Detention Center.