LONDON, KY - Laurel County Sheriff John Root is reporting that: The Laurel County Sheriff's Office will be accepting applications for deputy sheriff. Certified police officers who are POPS certified individuals are invited to apply at the Laurel County Sheriff's Office.
Applications will be accepted at the Sheriff's Office until 4:00 P.M. on Tuesday, October 10th, 2023.
We have health insurance coverage - Drive home fleet program (upgrading to new Tahoes for patrol deputies) - All equipment is provided - 12 Paid vacation days annually - Work four 10 hour shifts, 3 days off per week - We also have retirement benefits - Starting pay $22 per hour.
• Minimum qualifications: age 21
• Education: high school/GED
• Experience: certified and non-certified will be accepted
• Possess a valid operator's license to operate a motor vehicle
• Has not been convicted of a felony
• Has not received a dishonorable discharge, bad conduct discharge, or general discharge under other than honorable conditions
• Not prohibited by federal or state law from possessing a firearm
• Not had certification revoked in Kentucky or any other state or territory