MANCHESTER, KY - Clay County Cooperative Extension Service upcoming Free programs for November, 2023.
- CLAY COUNTY!!! We will be giving away two UK baskets, each valued at over $100.00!!! All you have to do is take our 10-minute survey about the needs of our community at https://psd.ca.uky.edu/communityassessment to be entered in the drawing. If completing your survey online, take a screenshot of the last page and message it to us (along with your phone number) on Facebook messenger at Clay County Cooperative Extension Service or send it in by email to . You may also pick up a paper copy in the office or request one be mailed to you by calling 598-2789. If returning your survey by mail, please include a note with your name and phone number to be entered in the drawing! PLEASE SHARE AND HELP US REACH EVERYONE IN OUR COMMUNITY!!!! For an extra entry, refer a friend and have them mention your name along with their screenshot or paper copy.
- 4-H Counted Cross Stitch will be on November 14th at 4:00 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. We will follow a fall themed counted cross stitch pattern that can be used for the home, as a gift or entered in the Kentucky State Fair! FREE & open to all youth ages 9-18. You must call 598-2789 to register.
- Do you love cooking? Participate in our 4-H Pumpkin Pie Contest! Choose your very own pumpkin pie recipe and enter your pie at the Clay County Extension Office November 15th-16th (8-4pm). Pies will be judged on taste, texture, smell, appearance, etc. The contest is open to kids 9-18. The winner will receive a basket of kitchen/cooking supplies!!
- 4-H Art Club will meet on November 21st at 4:00 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. If you love being creative, join us for a different art project each month. FREE & open to all youth ages 9-18. You must call 598-2789 to register.
- 4-H Cooking Club will meet on November 27th at 4:00 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. Join us as we make a delicious recipe! FREE & open to youth ages 9-18. Please call 598-2789 to reserve your spot.
- Turf Grass Commercial Applicator Training will be on November 30th from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm at the Laurel County Extension Office. Check out our Facebook page or website at a later date for more upcoming information about this event. 4 CEU’s available!
- The Importance of Pollinators will be on November 30th at 6 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. This month’s topic is Protecting Pollinators. We will have a potluck meal, so bring your favorite dish. Please call 598-2789 to register.
- 2023 Piggy Bank Contest: The Piggy Bank Contest is a creative way for youth to learn about the importance of saving money by creating their very own piggy bank! This opportunity is open to K-12 grades. Piggy banks will be judged locally, and then they will move on to the area and state competition! Drop off at the Clay County Extension Office between November 1-30th.
Educational programs of Kentucky Cooperative Extension serve all people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.