Laurel County, Ky. - Sheriff John Root is reporting that following a joint multi county/multi state investigation between the Laurel County Sheriff's office, London Resident Office of the DEA, and London City Police over the past 2 years, 16 individuals have been charged in U.S. District Court regarding the Importation and Distribution of Crystal Meth.
As a result of this long-term investigation, law enforcement has seized large amounts of US currency, vehicles, firearms, and narcotics.
This case has ties to Georgia. The Crystal Meth is not manufactured locally.
Those individuals charged Federally with Conspiracy to Distribute Crystal Meth include:
1. Stephanie Green Smith age 43 of London
2. Samuel Alan Jones age 45 of East Bernstadt
3. Robert "Turtle " McFadden age 37 of London- also charged with Use of a Person Under The age Of 18 in a Drug Enterprise
4. Reynier RuizPena age 43 of Louisville,ky
5. Randy Baker age 28 of East Bernstadt- Also charged with Possession Of A Firearm During a Drug Transactiont
6 .Michael Bruner age 39 of London
7. Lisa Harrison age 26 of London
8. Jimmy Lee Barrett age 36 of London
9. Jessica Warfield age 26 of Barbourville
10. Jarrod Lee Cupp age 30 of London
11. James William Harrison age 48 of London
12. James Helton age 55 of East Bernstad
13. Elvis Presley Profitt age 38 of East Bernstadt
14. Bradley Eugene Moore age 42 of London
15. Billy Smith age 25 of London
16. Wendy Barlow Casteel age 38 of London- also charged with Use of a Person Under The age Of 18 in a Drug Enterprise
More firearms charges are expected on more individuals.
All individuals listed are currently incarcerated in local county detention centers or prison.
Laurel Sheriff's Detective Jason Back, along with Detective James Sizemore are case officers for the Laurel Sheriff's Office.