Dear Campus Community:
In the interest of the safety and well-being of all members of our campus community, the decision was made this morning to cancel classes at mid-morning and close the University Thursday and Friday. Understandably, many questions have arisen throughout the day about the status of various offices, services and events, especially for Thursday and Friday.
So I want to take this opportunity to bring you up to date.
- All academic offices will be closed until Wednesday, Oct. 14, as well as the Bookstore, Student Accounting Services, Financial Aid, Scholarships, Card Services, Printing Services, Mail Services and both campus pools.
- All EKU weekend classes are canceled.
- Shuttle services will operate on a normal schedule Thursday and Friday and then resume Tuesday evening.
- The Fresh Food Company (Upstairs Powell) will open at 8 a.m. on Thursday and Friday and resume normal hours Saturday through Tuesday to serve those students remaining on campus.
- For the hours at John Grant Crabbe Library, which are subject to change, follow www.library.eku.edu.
- The Fitness and Wellness Center will be closed Thursday and Friday and then be open the following hours: Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.; Sunday, 1-5 p.m.; Monday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m.; and Tuesday, 9 a.m.-11 p.m. Hours are subject to change: please call 859-622-6751.
- The EKU-Tennessee Tech football game has been moved to Georgetown College and will be played Thursday, Oct. 8, at 7 p.m. at Toyota Stadium. All previously issued tickets will be honored at the game. Thursday is also Faculty/Staff Appreciation Night; EKU faculty and staff can receive two free tickets to the game. All seating will be general admission; there will not be any reserved seats. Additional tickets can be purchased for $8 by calling the EKU athletics ticket office at 859-622-2122 or by visiting EKUSports.com. Tickets will also be available for purchase (cash only) at Toyota Stadium while supplies last, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Admission is free for all EKU students, with a valid student ID. Parking at Toyota Stadium will be $5 per vehicle. Thursday’s game is still a “Blackout.” Colonel fans are encouraged to wear black. Free black t-shirts will be available for students while supplies last. Additional security will be present for the game.
Questions have also been raised about non-exempt employees. Information is posted on the Human Resources web site at hr.eku.edu.
Again, thank you for your continued patience and understanding as we strive to create and maintain the safest possible campus environment for all of our students, faculty and staff.
Be watching for further updates from this office and from the Division of Public Safety.