- Salt Dough Santa Hand Ornament will be on December 8th and 15th at 6:00 pm. Kids will enjoy making this Santa ornament using their handprint. Come on the 8th to make the ornament and on the 15th to paint the Santa face. This will make a great ornament for your tree or a nice gift for a grandparent. Call 598-2789 to register.
- The Diabetic Support Group will be meeting December 17th at 6:00 pm at the Extension Office. Remember we are having our special Holiday Meeting! Lora encourages all to attend. You must call our office at 598-2789 to register.
- Appetizers for the Holidays will be on December 11th at 6:00 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. During the holidays, we are always looking for something to serve our guests. Come enjoy an evening of appetizers. We will be sampling appetizers as well as watching a food demonstration. Cost is $5.00 per person. You MUST call 598-2789 to register.
- Crafts for the Holidays will be on December 14th. These crafts are activities for adults and children. We will be making items that you can use as tree decorations and gifts for the holidays. You MUST call 598-2789 to register.
2:00 pm: Snowman Ornament - use wooden sticks to make these lovely snowmen - FREE. Star Ornament - use fabric to make this ornament for your tree. You must bring basic hand sewing supplies and Christmas fabric. FREE
4:00 pm: Stable Ornament - use wooden sticks to make this decoration for your tree. FREE Season's Greetings in a Jar - need a gift for the person that has everything. Come make this seasoning. Cost is $1.
6:00 pm: Personalized Picture Frame - come make this picture frame to showcase your favorite photo. Cost is $5. Snowman Ornament - use wooden sticks to make these lovely snowman ornaments.
- We are starting 3 new Homemaker Clubs. Are you interested in joining one of the largest women’s organizations in the county; want to learn new things; love to craft or take photographs; meet new people and become involved in the community? Homemakers is for you!!!
...Krafters Club Organizational Meeting will be January 5, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the Extension Office. You will be making and sharing ideas with others that enjoy making crafts.
...Photography Club Organizational Meeting will be January 12, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the Extension Office. You will be taking and sharing photographs with each other.
...Young/New Mother’s Club Organizational Meeting will be January 26, 2016 at 6:00 pm at the Extension Office. You will be meeting with other new mothers and guest speakers, sharing experiences, ideas, etc. If you are interested in joining any of these Homemaker Clubs, please call 598-2789 to register or for more information.