By Curtis L. Coy
Colleagues and Fellow Veterans,
Happy New Year! The BLS employment statistics were released Friday. Attached is our monthly ‘cheat sheet’ for your use and information.
We have also provided the most recent quarterly report along with the 2015 yearly report. The national unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5.0% and the Veteran unemployment numbers increased from 3.6% to 4.8%.
Thanks to all of you who are working directly or indirectly, to ensure our Veterans have meaningful employment.
- BLS Employment Data - December 2015.pdf
- BLS Employment Data - 4th Quarter 2015.pdf
- BLS Employment Data - 2015 Annual Averages.pdf
Curtis L. Coy
Deputy Under Secretary for Economic Opportunity
Veterans Benefits Administration
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
VA Core Values: Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, Excellence (“I CARE”)
- If you would like to review prior messages sent through this listserv, clickhttp://benefits.va.gov/vow/economic_opportunity.htm.
- If you would like to research, find, access, and, in time, manage your VA benefits and personal information please visit and/or register at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal.
- If you looking for a job or an employer committed to hiring Veterans, please register on the Veterans Employment Center™ (VEC) at: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/jobs
- If you are seeking employment in the federal government, particularly the VA, our VA for Vets high-tech tools and resources can help. Visit online at http://vaforvets.va.gov/ or call 1-855-824-8387.
If you would like to contact us about your VA education benefits:
You can send us a secure email that will usually be answered within 48 hours. You can also search for answers to frequently asked questions and register to be notified of any updates to the information. This contact method is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can also be utilized worldwide. Click here to enter the "Ask A Question" site or here to review our frequently asked questions.
You can call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). This line only accepts calls from 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM central time Monday – Friday.