(Baxter, KY.) – On February 1, 2016, at approximately 9:20 P.M., Trooper James Earl Hensley made a traffic stop on U.S.119 in the Baxter community of Harlan County.
Tpr. Hensley stopped a gold colored 2006 Chevrolet Impala and made contact with the occupants in the vehicle. During the traffic stop, Tpr. Hensley discovered the passenger in the vehicle, Angela Robbins, 26, of Harlan had an active indictment warrant from Knox County.
While conducting the investigation, Tpr. Hensley located several different types of drugs and cash in Mrs. Robbins' possession. Tpr. Hensley located a bottle of Neurontin, Clonazepam, Suboxone strips, a pipe used to smoke marijuana, rolling papers, a used needle and $127.00 in cash. Mrs. Robbins admitted to Tpr. Hensley prior to the traffic stop that she had been using drugs.
Mrs. Robbins was arrested and lodged in the Harlan County Detention Center. She was charged with the following charges.
1. Failure to wear seat belt
2. Trafficking in controlled substance 2nd degree 2nd offense
3. Trafficking in controlled substance 3rd degree 1st offense
4. Trafficking in legend drugs 1st offense
5. Prescription controlled substance not in proper container 1st offense
6. Drug paraphernalia
7. Public intoxication
Case is still under investigation by Tpr. James Earl Hensley.