FRANKFORT, Ky. - (Oct. 11, 2013) Next Thursday, communities in 10 states will take part in the fourth Great Central U.S. ShakeOut multi-state earthquake drill. The ShakeOut is scheduled for Oct. 17 at 10:17 a.m. local time. During the drill, millions of people simultaneously practice the recommended response to earthquake shaking, and Drop, Cover, and Hold On:
The Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) will host an interactive television (ITV) workshop from 10 a.m. to noon Eastern Time on Oct. 29 to address communicating with vulnerable populations during public health emergencies or other disasters.
(FRANKFORT, Ky.) – Preliminary statistics* indicate that nine people died as the result of injuries sustained in nine motor vehicle-related crashes on Kentucky’s roadways from Monday, Oct. 7 through Sunday, Oct. 13.
Deck restoration, waterproofing for many contracts
FRANKFORT, Ky. (Oct. 11, 2013) – More than $2 million in bridge repair projects were awarded recently by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
The seven projects, which are in six counties across the state, include:
The Kentucky Public Service Commission (PSC) has approved a 20-year contract that will allow Kentucky Power Co. to purchase electricity generated by a biomass-fueled plant near Hazard.
- Gov. Beshear, First Lady proclaim October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month in Kentucky
- Autumn Colors Start Across Kentucky; Off Road Event Returns to Harlan County
- Night hunting for coyotes now allowed
- State Parks Holding Sale at Waveland State Historic Site Oct. 22
- Dramatic Decrease in Percentage of Kentucky Teens Illegally Using Prescription Drugs