MANCHESTER, KY (April 2, 2021) - Clay County Cooperative Extension Service upcoming programs for April, 2021.
- 4-H Painting Kits—New painting kits will be available for pickup April 5th-9th at the Clay County Extension Office from 8 am – 4 pm. This will be an abstract painting that can be entered for the 4-H Showcase and KY State Fair! FREE & open to all youth ages 5-18. You must call 598-2789 to register. Please remember to send a picture of your paintings to our Clay County Cooperative Extension Service Facebook page!
- 4-H Chefs in Training Grab & Go Bag
The recipe for the month of April is Magical Fruit Salad! Bags will be available for pick-up April 12-16th from 8 am - 4 pm at the Clay County Extension Office. FREE & available for all youth ages 8-18. You must call 598-2789 to register by April 7th!
- 4-H Trash to Treasure Project
If you have a 2 liter bottle, please save at least one! Youth will upcycle a plastic bottle into a planter and will receive soil and seeds to plant flowers! You must register by April 7th to reserve your kit! Kits will be available for pick-up April 12-16th at the Clay County Extension Office from 8 am – 4 pm. FREE & available to all youth ages 8-18.
- Bingocize is a 10-week program that combines a bingo-like game with exercise. Come join us for a fun hour while we improve our body. This program will help you experience improved lower and upper body strength, gait, balance, range of motion and maintain mobility. Dates for the program are ●April 12, 14, 19, 21, 26, 28 ●May 3, 5, 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 26 ●June 2, 7, 9, 14, 16, 21 beginning at 10:30 am at the Extension Office. Attendees must maintain a 6-foot distance and wear a mask for the program. You must call 598-2789 to register. FREE, but limited, so call soon.
- Cooking by the Calendar will be April 15th at 1:30 pm by Facebook Live. Lora will be preparing April’s recipe from the 2021 Food and Nutrition Calendar. If you have not picked up your copy, there will be some on the table in our office entrance vestibule.
- Odor, What’s That Smell? Many times, we have an odor appear in our refrigerator, home, or car. How do we remove these odors? You may already have some of these items in your home. Join Lora on April 16th at 1:30 pm on Facebook Live and find out what you can do.
- 4-H Nature Kits
Arbor Day is April 30th! Youth will have the opportunity to learn about trees, explore the outdoors & complete a project! Kits will be available for pick-up April 19th-23rd. FREE to all youth ages 8-18. You must call to register to reserve a kit.
- 4-H Earth Day Poster Contest
April is Earth Month! To celebrate Earth Day & Arbor Day, youth have the opportunity to participate in this contest. Posters are due to the Clay County Extension Office by April 23rd. Divsions: Cloverbud (Ages 5-8), Junior (Ages 8-13), and Senior (Ages 14-18). Posters can be completed on an 8.5x11, plain sheet of paper. Participants are encouraged to create a theme related to Earth Day including wildlife, forests, water, etc. on poster. Posters must be handwritten/drawn. Make sure nothing on poster is copy-righted.
- Laugh & Learn Time will be held April 23, May 7, July 2 and August 6 at 11:00 am. This program is for younger children 3-4 years of age that are home with mom or the babysitter. We will be meeting via Facebook Room or Zoom with both programs. Lora must have your email address. The children will need the supplies that will be in a Grab and Go Bag that will need to be picked up in the Extension Office vestibule for each month. We will be reading a book and doing a craft with help from the caregiver. Program is limited so call 598-2789 to register.
- 4-H Virtual Communications Contest
Educational programs of Kentucky Cooperative Extension serve all people regardless of economic or social status and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, marital status, genetic information, age, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.