HOPKINSVILLE, KY – The Kentucky State Police is reporting that on Wednesday, May 24, 2023, at approximately 9:57 A.M., KSP Post 2, Madisonville was requested to assist the McLean County Sheriff’s Department who was in pursuit of a 2017 maroon Ford Fusion southbound on U.S. 431.
KSP units joined the pursuit along with multiple other agencies.
During the pursuit the driver of the fleeing vehicle, Cody Pacomio Gene Alire, 31 years-old of Indiana fired several shots from a handgun in the direction of the pursuing officers.
The pursuit continued from McLean County through Muhlenberg County and into Christian County on KY 107 where he struck another vehicle but continued traveling toward Hopkinsville.
At the intersection of KY 107 and E 7th Street, the vehicle crashed into a utility pole and the driver attempted to flee on foot.
The suspect was then arrested without further incident.
Cody Alire is charged with:
- SPEEDING 26 MPH OR > SPEED LIMIT
- RECKLESS DRIVING
- FLEEING OR EVADING POLICE, 1ST DEGREE (MOTOR VEHICLE)
- FLEEING OR EVADING POLICE, 1ST DEGREE (ON FOOT)
- LEAVING SCENE OF ACCIDENT-FAILURE TO RENDER AID OR ASSISTANCE
- BEYOND CONTROL (STATUS OFFENDERS-UNIFIED JUVENILE)
- MURDER - POLICE OFFICER (ATTEMPTED)
- ASSAULT, 1ST DEGREE
- WANTON ENDANGERMENT-1ST DEGREE-POLICE OFFICER
- RECEIVING STOLEN PROPERTY (FIREARM)
- POSS OF MARIJUANA
- POSSESSION OF FIREARM BY CONVICTED FELON
- FUGITIVE FROM ANOTHER STATE - WARRANT REQUIRED
This individual was lodged in the Christian County Jail in Hopkinsville, KY.
Photo of the accused is courtesy of the Christian County Jail.
The investigation continues by Master Trooper Mike Dennis.